THE ASIAN TROPICS
Plastic Surgery and Cosmetic Surgery
Treatment of Hyperhidrosis or excessive sweating with BOTOX®
1. BOTOX® is injected in small portions using fine needles and spread-out as a grid on affected areas (underarms, hands, or feet).
2. BOTOX® blocks the chemical signal from the sympathetic nervous system to the active sweat glands resulting to lesser or absence of sweating.
3. Effect lasts 3-6 months depending on the absorption/metabolism of BOTOX® or on the degree of re-enervation of the area.
Are you suffering from localized sweating of your palms, feet, or underarms?
Are there other things you need to know about excessive sweating treatment/s?
Email us for advise:
Other terms: Excessive sweating, uncontrolled sweating
Hyperhidrosis is a condition characterized by excessive sweating.
Normally we produce sweat to cool our skin and regulate body temperature. This occur during warm climate and exercise. The sympathetic nervous system control this process. This is vital as body organs function properly or optimally within a normal range of temperature.
In a small percentage of the population (<1%), sweating takes place at inappropriate times and is in excess of what is needed by the body to keep temperature within normal limits.
Uncontrolled sweating can lead to embarrassment and depression. Worst, this results to social withdrawal by those affected.
Many have been affected for years and are in constant search for treatments that will impact their lives.
Things you need to know about hyperhidrosis treatment
There are 3 levels in the management of Hyperhidrosis or excessive sweating:
1. Non-invasive treatments involve anti-perspirants, iontophoresis, oral drug medications (anti-cholinergic, anti-hypertensives, anxiolytics).
2. Minimally-invasive treatment involves injection of Botulinum Toxins (brands – Botox, Dysport, Neurobloc) into the skin to block sweat signals sent by the brain.
3. Invasive treatment involves a procedure termed Sympathectomy which is carried out to remove surgically, nerve chains located near the spines. This will cut the brain’s signal from passing to the involved areas. Being a permanent procedure, it is reserved as a last resort procedure when non- and minimally-invasive options are exhausted.
Copyright © The Asian Tropics Aesthetic Center Philippines | All Rights Reserved
Contact us @ +63.639189853668